Summer is here. The heat is here. The AC is on. And I definitely have lost my mind. Why? Because I went to the gym…in the heat. The gym which is not properly ventilated. Woe is me. Though I am now comfortable nestled into bed, the post-gym scene was slightly chaotic/traumatic. It included sticking my face in the freezer and promptly hurling myself into the pool. Needless to say, today I wished I had a letter from my future self. But that won’t happen anytime soon. So today I’m writing a letter TO my future self (although it also works for my past and present self as well).
And now on to the letter…
Dear past/present/future self,
ou may or may not be old and gray now but I bring you a few messages from your youth. Like a time capsule, these are the top 10 things you should be remembering now matter where or when you’re reading this.
- There is always room for
- Keep calm and have a Harry Potter marathon
- Always travel with an umbrella
- Keep your friends close and enemies FAR far away
- When in doubt, take a child’s advice because they undoubtedly have the answer
- Look where you’re walking … and wear shoes in the basement at all times
- Music: play it, listen to it, live it
- Do something absolutely ridiculous at least once a month
- Keep traveling until you can’t travel any more!!
- Put your family first and you will always SMILE 🙂
Now go and make amazing things happen. Because it’s in you and don’t let anyone tell you anyone differently!!
A reality show
Yesterday I also completed another item off my list. With the help of my sister, I was in a reality show! Not anyone you’ve ever heard of. It’s not one I’ve ever heard of either. In fact, it’s completely and totally original. I haven’t gotten around to editing it yet and unfortunately I can’t upload a preview without either putting it on youtube first or getting a wordpress video upgrade but not to fear, I’ll figure something out. When I do you will all be the first to know. Coming soon to a computer near you (well…right in front of you).
- Start writing a book
- Have a mocktail party
- Cook a 5 course meal (no cheating)
- Get a pet
- Eat ice cream for dinner
- Watch a season of one of my favorite cartoons
- Take a road trip
- Dye my hair
- Play a prank
Start learning a new language Be in a reality show Write a letter to my future self Confront a fear
- Go 24 hours media free
Buy a pair of SUPER high heals… and successfully wear them without falling
- Get a massage
- Learn a dance
- Go to a drive in theater
- Take a class in something I’ve always wanted to do
- Figure out my family tree
- Complete a scavenger hunt